At the recent AGM of the Law Society of England & Wales, proposals were considered to restrict membership of Council to a 12-year term and to introduce reforms to Council constituencies. More than 20 members requested that the Law Society membership be balloted about the proposals.
The ballot papers will be made available via the My Law Society (My LS) portal, and so members should check to confirm that their contact details stored in My LS are accurate and up to date. Members should also confirm that their preferences for receiving membership (non-marketing) emails from the Law Society are up-to-date. Those having difficulties accessing their My LS account can ring the Support Centre on 020 7242 1222.
How to create your My Law Society account
If you have not already signed up to My LS...:
- Visit www.lawsociety.org.uk and click on the "Sign Up" button, located at the top-right of the page. Follow the instructions to create your account.
- Log in to your account. At top-right of screen you will see three horizontal dots. Click on the dots and a list of options opens: marketing preferences and account settings.
- Click on marketing preferences and turn your preferences to ON.
- Click on account settings and make sure your email address is correct. If it’s wrong then change it, but you may have to do that by logging into My SRA.
- You can also go back onto main menu and click Topics and Resources, and click on any topics that interest you. This will enable you to receive emails on those topics.
- If you do all of this you should get a ballot vote by email. It is very important to make sure your email address is up to date and correct (see step 3).
- If you have any problems using the My Law Society portal then ring the Support Centre on 020 7242 1222