Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council's in house legal team has an exciting opportunity for a lawyer to join their busy and friendly Children Social Care Team.
The ideal candidate will provide legal advice and support on children social care matters including advocacy and attendance at court, and conduct of cases appropriate to the post.
The Council are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated lawyer who enjoys working as part of a team and has:
- a professional legal qualification;
- experience in providing legal advice and support;
- experience of practice in children social care or an ability and interest to quickly gain knowledge and skills required;
- excellent skills in advocacy and experience of attendance at court;
- excellent communication skills;
- a flexible and resilient approach to work.
If this sounds like you the Council would love to hear from you! They would welcome applications from candidates with experience in children social care or those who have an interest in pursuing a career in this area of law.
This is a full time role (37 hours per week) with a salary of £30,507 - £41,675 depending on experience.
Further details about the Council, including contact details, job specification, person specification and application details, can be found here.