Jacksons Law Firm are looking for a Private Client Solicitor to take on a predominantly business development role for their Newcastle Office.
The ideal candidate will need to be confident in their technical abilities and running their own caseload so they can hit the ground running. This is an opportunity to develop a Private Client department in Jackson's Newcastle Office and so business development and marketing skills are key in this role.
- Working independently as the sole Private Client Solicitor based in Jackson's Newcastle office with support from their Stockton Office as required.
- Taking on an existing moderate caseload of varied matters and building up own full caseload through marketing and business development.
- Handling a wide range of non-contentious Private Client matters primarily: drafting both simple and more complex Wills, administering both simple and taxable Estates, dealing with Lasting Powers of Attorney and deputyship applications, basic tax advice and estate planning.
- Working autonomously; running and being responsible for own caseload.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision; guidance, support and supervision will be on hand when required from colleagues in Stockton Office.
- Travelling and working from Stockton Office as required.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- This role is open to Private Client Solicitors with any range of PQE in this area of work who meet the specifications for this role;
- Good technical knowledge;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- A keen eye for detail;
- To be able to work independently but also be a team player;
- Enthusiasm and confidence for business development and marketing initiatives;
- Full driving license.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive or definitive list, you may be required to carry out other duties as required.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.