Jacksons Law Firm are seeking an experienced Corporate or Commercial Solicitor to join and facilitate the growth of their team.
About The Role
Working within an existing team of three experienced and collaborative solicitors, you will work closely with clients to help them reach their full business potential, whilst reducing risks along the way.
Your duties will be challenging and rewarding and will include:
- Providing guidance and support to clients in relation to acquisitions, mergers, and disposals
- Advising clients on business start-up processes, corporate finance matters and e-commerce-
related legal issues
- Supporting franchise agreements
- Providing guidance on intellectual property matters
- Assisting with MBOs and MBIs
- Handling re-organisations and demergers
- Assisting with recruitment, selection and planning in compliance with legal requirements.
In addition you will take an active role in business development and will attend networking events to promote Jacksons' business.
Jacksons view this role as offering ambitious candidates a real opportunity for progression to Head of Department or a Partnership role. The firm will also consider appointing at a partnership level where appropriate.
Candidates must be a qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive (CILEX) with prior experience as a Corporate or Commercial Solicitor (combined experience is preferred but we will consider a specialist in either area).
A minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience is preferred, and it is essential that you are a strong team player, with excellent organisational and collaboration skills.
You should thrive under pressure and be able to effectively manage multiple cases simultaneously, whilst delegating tasks efficiently.
The successful candidate will be able to access to Jacksons' Hybrid Working Scheme, and other flexible working options will also be considered (i.e. part time or term time working).
This role can be based at Jacksons' office in Newcastle city centre or their office in Stockton-on-Tees. Occasional travel between our office sites may be required, in line with the needs of the business.
Jacksons offer an extensive benefits pacakge which includes...:
- A competitive salary that will reflect your experience and existing client following
- An uncapped discretionary bonus scheme
- A hybrid working scheme
- Enhanced pension schemes
- 33 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays)
- Long service holidays
- An additional holiday purchase scheme
- Bonus holidays
- Free parking at head office
- An extra day off on your birthday!
- Free wills and discounted legal services for friends and family
- High street discounts
- An Employee Assistance Programme
- Life insurance
- Staff engagement initiatives including team away days and social events
- Wellbeing and mental health support including a “Zen Den” wellbeing room and trained
Mental Health First Aiders.
- Flexible Fridays
- Staff treat and dress down days
- Monthly prizes/gift vouchers
- Free fruit and refreshments
- Free eye tests & flu jabs
- Cycle to work scheme
- Work anniversary and big birthday gifts
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Jacksons' HR team at the above email address or telephone 01642 356 500.